Born and raised in the Fort Walton Beach area, attorney Glenn M. Swiatek, Esquire, has practiced criminal law exclusively for over 25 years.
Most criminal justice attorneys limit their practice to criminal trial, criminal appeals or criminal post-conviction relief. Mr. Swiatek is unique: he handles all three.
He has experience before every court of the Florida’s First Judicial Circuit in the state court system. Mr. Swiatek is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Experience & Memberships
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Florida Criminal Trial Lawyers
- AVVO Superb Rated Attorney
- Published opinions in Florida’s First District Court of Appeals which have set binding precedent affecting future cases.
- Okaloosa-Walton Bar Association Law Week Chair, 2002 – 2008
- President Okaloosa-Walton Chapter of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2007-2008, 2010-2013 (He was a key founder of this organization)
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Mentor and volunteer Judge for the Okaloosa County Teen Court
- Graduate, Fort Walton Beach High School, 1975
- Bachelor of Music Education, University of Southern Mississippi, 1980
- Graduate Certificate in Litigation, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law 1993
- Juris Doctorate, Oklahoma City University, School of Law, 1997
A classical musician since childhood, Mr. Swiatek has played orchestral bass in numerous orchestras including guest appearances in diverse venues such as the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra in Austria.
A widely respected photographer, Mr. Swiatek’s nature photographs have been published in National Geographic.