Fort Walton Beach DUI Lawyer
Too many individuals fail to take allegations of driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol seriously. If they fail to seek a quality defense attorney to handle their case, they may face wrongful conviction or overly stringent penalties. On the other hand, with the assistance of a skilled criminal Fort Walton Beach DUI defense attorney, you can limit or even eliminate the consequences that you may face.
At the Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm, certified criminal trial law specialist Stephen G. Cobb provides the highest quality of representation for every client. If you are facing DUI charges, call today at 850-651-6565 to discuss your case.
DUI penalties in Florida
If you are convicted of a DUI in Florida, you may be facing potentially severe consequences. The following sentence may be issued for a first-time offender:
- Fine up to $1,000
- Up to one year of probation
- Up to six months in jail
- Suspension of your driver’s license for up to one year.
- Impoundment of your vehicle for ten days.
- Ignition interlock device on your vehicle for up to six months.
- Up to 50 hours community service.
- Alcohol use evaluation and treatment if recommended.
These already serious penalties increase substantially if any of the following are true:
- You have prior DUI convictions on your record, especially within the past five years.
- Your blood alcohol content (BAC) was more than .15 percent.
- You had a minor in the vehicle.
- You caused a collision that resulted in injury or property damage.
An experienced defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances of your case to build an aggressive defense to fight against your charges or mitigate the penalties if you choose to plead guilty.
Discuss your case with an experienced Fort Walton Beach DUI attorney today
Stephen G. Cobb has extensive experience defending the rights of individuals in Florida who have been charged with DUI. He has a thorough understanding of Florida criminal laws and court procedures, so please do not hesitate to call the Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm at (850) 423-0035 to find out how we can assist you in your case.
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (850) 423-0035