Niceville, Florida Criminal Defense Attorneys
Located in the Florida Panhandle, Niceville is a city in Okaloosa County that is home to approximately 12,000 people. It is nearby Eglin Air Force Base, Choctawhatchee Bay, and is relatively close to several popular beaches. Despite its picturesque name, Niceville has the same issues that exist in any other American city, and residents and visitors to Niceville are accused of criminal activity on a regular basis. Because of the significant legal and collateral consequences that can occur after a Florida criminal conviction, anyone facing a criminal case should contact a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. To schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation with Florida attorney Stephen G. Cobb, call our office today at 850-423-0035.
Qualified To Represent Individuals Accused Of A Variety Of Offenses
Criminal defense is a highly specialized area of law, and a board-certified attorney who specializes in criminal defense within the Florida criminal justice system can often obtain significantly better results than a non-specialized lawyer. The Cobb Law Firm routinely handles a wide variety of criminal cases in Niceville and other counties throughout Florida, and the following are just a few of them:
- Domestic Violence- Charges of domestic violence stem from acts of violence that occur between people in a domestic setting, such as between spouses or significant others who live together. While many claims of domestic abuse are valid, not all of them are; in fact, it’s not at all uncommon for allegations of domestic abuse to be unfounded or completely false. If you feel you’ve been wrongfully accused of perpetrating domestic violence in Niceville, FL, your very first step should be to seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney.
- Internet-based crimes- Connected devices are everywhere you look nowadays, which means greater opportunities for the commission of internet-based crimes, and also a growing number of false allegations of people committing these crimes. If you’re facing a charge of illegal internet activity in Niceville, FL, you probably don’t even know how to begin defending yourself. The criminal defense attorneys at Cobb Law Firm are well-versed in this growing area of law and they are here to help.
- Homicide- When most people think of homicide, they think of the intentional, premeditated, and malicious act of taking another person’s life, and less often consider the other forms of homicide, such as vehicular homicide or the unintentional taking of someone’s life while attempting to commit a nonviolent felony. Of course, false allegations of murder can arise from situations of self-defense or malicious intent on behalf of another person. Regardless of your situation, homicide charges are among the most serious that exist in Niceville, FL and across the country, and absolutely require the undivided attention of a seasoned criminal defense attorney.
- Sex offenses- Sex crimes are not only some of the most stigmatized offenses, but also some of the most detrimental to your personal relationships, reputation, and freedoms. The severity of the punishments associated with these offenses depends greatly on the specific facts and circumstances surrounding an incident. Much like claims of domestic violence, claims of sexual assault and/or abuse can be unfounded or falsely made out of spite by one partner against another. In every situation, you should contact an attorney who will hear your side of the story and help you strategize your best moves going forward.
- White collar crimes- These types of crimes are nonviolent and typically committed only by those who have a high level of intelligence and/or knowledge pertaining to the crime, as well as a strong ability to tactfully execute it. Examples include computer hacking, identity theft, embezzlement, tax evasion, and public corruption. Due to the complex nature of these crimes, they can be difficult to defend and must be handled by highly experienced criminal defense attorneys.
- Probation violations- The state of Florida does not take probation violations lightly, and will not hesitate to impose the full punishment on those who squander the freedom afforded by probation as opposed to jail or prison sentences. However, there may be more than meets the eye in any given case of an apparent violation. If you’ve been accused of a probation violation in Niceville, FL, act quickly to obtain a criminal defense attorney and ensure that your rights and freedoms are protected.
If a criminal charge is not listed above, it certainly does not mean that the defense attorneys at Florida Criminal Defense Legal Group don’t handle it; in fact, they handle every single criminal matter in the state of Florida. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them today.
Contact a Niceville, Florida criminal defense lawyer to schedule a free case evaluation
Anyone facing allegations of criminal misconduct should retain legal counsel immediately. Stephen G. Cobb is a board-certified criminal trial law specialist who has litigated more than 10,000 cases around the state of Florida. Mr. Cobb is dedicated to ensuring that each client he represents obtains the best possible outcome in his or her case. To schedule a free consultation with Mr. Cobb, please call our office today at 850-423-0035 or send us an email through our online contact form available here.