Stephen G. Cobb - Florida Criminal Defense Lawyer

Okaloosa County Underage Drinking Attorney

Representing People Accused Of Underage Drinking In Okaloosa County, Florida

As the traditional spring break season for American colleges and universities approaches, it is a safe bet that thousands of students between 18 and21 are currently planning spring break trips to various Florida beach communities. As spring break generally happens in March or April, much of the northern United States is still relatively chilly, making Florida an extremely popular spring break destination.  Another thing that is extremely popular among college-aged students is the consumption of alcoholic beverages, often to excess. As the majority of college students are under the legal drinking age of 21, Okaloosa authorities are actively on the lookout for underage drinking during spring break season. An arrest and conviction for underage drinking can result in serious legal consequences and have a significant impact on your future. As a result, anyone who has been arrested under suspicion of violating Florida’s minor in possession (MIP) laws1 in Okaloosa County, Florida should contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. To schedule a free consultation with Florida attorney Stephen G. Cobb, call our office today at (850) 423-0035.

An Okaloosa Minor In Possession Case Is A Serious Matter

Many spring break revelers may believe that an MIP is a minor issue and that getting one is simply an inherent risk of enjoying spring break. In reality, Florida law authorizes a court to impose serious penalties for violating MIP laws, including the following:

In addition to the direct legal consequences of an MIP conviction, there can be significant collateral consequences as well. As a student, your school may impose additional discipline for violations your school’s student code of conduct or even cancel any financial aid package that you may be receiving. In addition, most employers today conduct a background check prior to making hiring a new employee. Consequently, an MIP on your record may make getting your first job out of college more difficult that it would be in the absence of a conviction.

Contact an Okaloosa County MIP lawyer today to schedule a free consultation

Anyone who has been arrested in Florida for underage drinking should discuss their options with an attorney as soon as possible. To schedule a free consultation with attorney Stephen Cobb, call our office today at (850) 423-0035.


Stephen G. Cobb, Esq.

Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (850) 423-0035