April 14, 2016
FLORIDA DUI DEFENSE LAWYER
One of the most common driving offenses in the state of Florida is driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs. Though this is a relatively common offense, arrests and charges for DUI should always be taken very seriously. Your first step after an arrest on suspicion of DUI should always be to call an experienced DUI defense attorney to discuss your case.
POTENTIAL PENALTIES FOR DUI IN FLORIDA
Many people who are charged with DUI for the first time assume that they will get a minimal sentence of probation and a fine. However, even if that is the case, a DUI can have many additional significant effects on your life, including the following:
- Suspension of your driver’s license
- Possible loss of your job (if it requires you to have a valid driver’s license or clean record)
- Installation of an ignition interlock device (IID) on your vehicle
- Attendance at substance abuse classes or treatment
Furthermore, if the prosecutor finds there were any aggravating factors, he or she may request that you spend time in jail as part of your sentence, even if this is your first offense. Such aggravating factors may include particularly high BAC, having a child in the car, causing injury, and more. If you already have one or more DUI convictions on your record the potential penalties for a conviction may sharply increase. You may face felony charges, up to five (5) years in jail, and loss of your driver’s license for ten (10) years or more. To avoid facing such consequences, you always want to avoid having any DUI conviction on your record at all.
CALL AN EXPERIENCED FLORIDA DUI ATTORNEY TODAY
Fortunately, there are a number of effective defense strategies that an experienced lawyer can use in your DUI case. However, it is always important that you make sure to hire an attorney who has experience handling this type of case. At the Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm, we are committed to achieving the best possible results in every DUI case, so please call us today at 850-423-0035 for help today.
Our Okaloosa County DUI Defense Lawyer of Florida Criminal Defense Legal Group, PLLC will do everything possible to come up with a defense strategy so that the charges can be reduced or dismissed. Give us a call today to talk with our DUI Defense attorney in Florida Panhandle. We provide Free Consultation to new clients. We serve all over Florida, including Fort Walton Beach, Jefferson County and Florida Panhandle. Call us at (850) 423-0035.
You Might Be Interested In:
- Can I Talk To A DUI Attorney Before Taking A Chemical Test?
- How Much Does A DUI Lawyer Cost?
- Commonly Asked Questions Related To DUI In Florida
- Frequently Asked Questions By Someone Arrested For DUI In Florida
- Common Mistakes People Make When Facing A DUI
- Should You Just Plead Guilty And The Case Over With?
- Will Courts Be Lenient On Someone With A Clean Record?
- How Long Does A DUI Case Take To Resolve?
- Do You Lose Your Drivers License In Florida After A DUI?
- Questions About Hardship Licenses And Ignition Interlock Devices
- Factors That Can Enhance Or Aggravate A DUI
- What Factors Can Impact DUI Cases In Florida?
- How Can An Attorney Help In DUI Cases?
- What Alternative Programs Are Available To DUI Offenders In Florida?
- Public Defender Versus An Experienced DUI Defense Attorney
Other Practice Areas:
- Okaloosa County Criminal Defense Overview
- Arrest Prevention
- Top 7 Things To Do When Someone You Love Has Been Arrested
- Assault And Battery
- Personal crimes
- Child Abuse Overview
- Property Crimes
- Murder & Manslaughter
- Military Arrests
- Community Control
- Driving Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Firearms Crimes
- Resisting An Officer
- Probation Violations
- Minor In Possession Charge
- SPECT Brain Imaging
- Payment Plans
- Discovery Evidence
- Motions To Suppress Evidence
- Juvenile Cases